lunes, 24 de septiembre de 2012

Augmented Reality


-Topic name
-Correct label (TOPICS)
-What you know about the topic before your research
-What you wonder or questions you have about the topic before researching (at least 2)
-Links to where you found the most useful information (at least 2, NOT Wikipedia, although you can use it to help you)
-Bullet list of things you learned about the topic (at least 5)
-A short summary of how this topic connects/relates to you or your life
-Questions you still have (at least 1)


That at the moment they are not very good. They can just tell you basic information about things different from what you are seeing. For example, the weather or sports. They can't analyze things and tell you more things about them. For example, I want them to, when I see a cool car, analyze it, scan it, search it on google and tell me everything I want to know about it in a second. Like iron-man's suit.

How much would these glasses cost if they were mass produced?
What can they analyze and search?

LINKS:
Link #1
Link #2
Link #3

What I learned:

  • Google glasses will come out in more or less a year. They will be available to everyone and will cost about 1,500$
  • They cannot interact with the environment. They can only tell you simple things like the weather.
  • They can take pictures when you say a word.
  • The maps feature doesn't work like it should. Instead of telling you where to go, it just shows a mini-map.
  • The military already has a prototype version of the iOptik system, which lets them view the battlefield and receive orders.
This relates to my life because I am really fond of buying new technological things, so that when they come out I will try to get my paws on one. And in the future they can make my life a lot easier.

The question that I still has is:
When the commercial version comes out, will it be able to analyze things in the environment?










No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario